The holiday season will soon be upon us: a time marked by festivities, entertaining and celebrations with family and friends. This is also a season of giving thanks and finding ways to show you care for others. As you’re making your holiday plans this year, don’t overlook the opportunity to give hostess gifts to those who host you for holiday meals or other celebrations. Hostess gifts don’t need to be elaborate or expensive to show that you care. At Celestial Gifts, we are all about putting thoughtful ideas into small, reusable packaging that delights just as much as the gift itself. Here are a few hostess gift ideas you can turn to during this holiday season:
Bath Salts in a Celestial Gift Bag:
Bath salts are a thoughtful idea for a hostess, who may be looking for an opportunity to relax and recharge after all the preparation and planning that goes into hosting a party or a Thanksgiving meal. This DIY beaty product is easy to make and fills out a Celestial Gift bag nicely for a single use size.
- Mix together 1 cup Epsom salt, 1 T baking soda, and three drops of an essential oil such as Jasmine essential oil.
- Optional—add one to two drops of food coloring to give the bath salts a slight tint.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Transfer to a Celestial Gifts bag, and tie off with a decorative ribbon or twine. This is so easy to put together and is sure to delight.
Stovetop potpourri is a great hostess gift that is easy to put together and easy to enjoy. The ingredients in this bag will transform any home with the scent of a crisp fall day.
- Add to your bag 1 apple, 1 orange, 2-3 cinnamon sticks, 1 T cloves, 2 whole nutmegs cut in half, and a vanilla bean.
- Include instructions with your gift to slice the apple and orange into thin slices, and then simmer all the ingredients on the stove in enough water to cover them.
All Purpose Goodie Bag:
If you’re not feeling crafty, we suggest another hostess gift using a Celestial Gifts bag that is sure to delight. Just fill your bag with chocolates or candies, tie with a decorative ribbon, and you’ll have a gift you can be confident your host will enjoy!
Be sure to keep up with our blog for more holiday posts coming soon. Missed our Halloween blog? Get caught up on our top spooky crafts using Celestial Gifts!