Easter is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start brainstorming ideas for what to put in your child’s basket. From year to year, it can be difficult to think outside the box with fresh ideas. Our list of Easter basket ideas have a blend of traditional items and unique gifts that your family will love. Another way you can mix things up and keep the holiday exciting is by using a creative alternative to a traditional basket, like a Celestial Gift bag. Our bags come in a variety of sizes so you can pick something that’s perfect for your family. You can even encourage your child to reuse the bag for something else after the holiday. For a fun project, you could even dye the bags just like you would an Easter egg. Here are some of our favorite ideas for what to include in your child’s Easter bag this year.
- Small books. No matter the age of your child, a book is a great thing to include.
- Limited edition candies. Easter candies are a cherished tradition for many families. While this idea may not be particularly creative, it is a classic and should always be included in Easter goodies.
- Puzzles are a fun activity you can do together with your child. There are lots that come out with spring themes. You can go as advanced or as basic as you want!
- New clothes. Clothing can be folded nice and small to fit in your Celestial bag. This idea is perfect if you have some teenagers that still get presents on Easter along with their younger siblings.
- Spring-themed baking mix. Pick up a box of your child’s favorite baking mix. You can cook together on Easter, or you can save the mix for later. If your store doesn’t have anything spring-themed, pick up some food coloring and get creative by dying your baked goods.
- Crafting supplies. Put an egg dying kit in your child’s bag and get to work expressing your creativity. Tired of doing the same old craft? You can spend the morning or afternoon doing a different spring-related project.
This Easter, surprise your family with some of these Easter basket ideas. And to really break the mold, use a Celestial Gift bag instead of an Easter basket. You can decorate the bags and save them and use them year after year. What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?