Face it, when we get out of hosting a get together, there’s usually a sigh of relief. People will spend days and even weeks preparing for company. That’s why it is so important to show appreciation to those who host your holiday gatherings this year.
You can do that by giving a little something in return for their hospitality. Here are some of our top holiday hostess gift ideas that won’t break the bank!
1. Coasters are a perfect little gift that will show how thoughtful you are. They usually come in sets of four and all kinds of designs. You can get some to match the holidays or more intricate and creative sets that complement their year round decor. Try shopping at West Elm for a more trendy feel or, Sticker Mule for more creative and customizable coasters. When you have a set you like, place them in a muslin bag. That way they can also keep the set together and put them away when they want.
2. Kitchen towels are another thoughtful gift for the mastermind behind your gathering. They can dress up a kitchen or bathroom and add a little color. Kitchen towels can make any room cozier, and there’s towels for every holiday or occasion.
3. Make a candle to show your craftiness. A soy candle made with essential oils is a thoughtful homemade gift that provides you with a project and a great present. Check out this pin on Pinterest for an easy soy candle recipe made with essential oils. You can also check out our pins for more creative ideas here.
Hopefully some of these holiday hostess gift ideas will inspire you to give one a try. There are endless gifts you can make or give. You could stay simple or get more extravagant, just don’t forget to thank your host in some way. A Celestial Gift muslin bag is the perfect wrapping for presents. Check out some of our ideas on how you can transform a muslin bag into holiday wrapping.
Now that it’s December, it’s time to start brainstorming ideas for Hanukkah. In the past we have written about fun ideas for Christmas, but we wanted to spread that creativity across other holidays too. We’ve compiled a list of four activity ideas for Hanukkah that are sure to please your guests.
Hanukkah is a special 8 day celebration for all Jewish people. For this years celebration, we wanted to give you some fun ideas for Hanukkah that will help you celebrate this holiday with your loved ones.
- Make a Star of David statement piece. Purchase some beads of your choice, jewelry string or elastic, and a Star of David charm to make some jewelry. You can create a necklace, bracelet or any other piece to help celebrate. Consider having some people over to craft together, or you can create in a more intimate gathering. It is a perfect activity to help celebrate. You can even store your pieces in a 4×6 inch muslin bag.
- Make goodie bags to pass out. You can buy lots of blue candy and the traditional chocolate gold coins to put in a Celestial Gifts muslin bag. It is the perfect little party favor or gift during the 8 day celebration. Go even further by customizing the bags with a stamp commemorating Hanukkah. You can customize here!
- What’s Hanukkah without spinning a dreidel? You can purchase some dreidels for a decent price on Amazon for the people you are celebrating with. If you’re having a gathering try celebrating the holiday by playing the traditional game together and discussing the history behind it.
- Another classic tradition during the holiday is eating donuts, specifically jelly-filled donuts. Put a little modern twist on this tradition and purchase plain donuts for your gathering to customize. You can buy various toppings for people to create their own desired donut.
- To celebrate the festival of lights, ask guests to bring a candle of their choice. This is a fun way to hand out party favors or you can make it a game and have a candle swap. Put them all in a large bag or box so it will be a surprise of what kind of candle they get. You can even hand out customized muslin bags to carry their candle home in.
Try some of these fun ideas for Hanukkah celebrations this year. Let us know what your guests think! What other Hanukkah fun can you come up with?
Want some ideas for how to incorporate Celestial Gifts into festivities for other holidays? Browse our archive and learn more about how a muslin bag can add a special touch to wrapping and DIY gifts.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner. This holiday is the perfect time to celebrate with one of the most important women in your life. A thoughtful gift doesn’t have to be expensive, but will show your mom how much you care about her. If you haven’t decided what you want to get or make for your mom, here are a few ideas to consider. You can incorporate a Celestial Gift muslin bag in any of these ideas for beautiful, reusable gift wrap.
1. Manicure in a muslin bag. This gift is perfect if you don’t want to do a full-blown craft. All you’ll need is a few shades of nail polish, a miniature bottle of nail polish remover, and a bag to wrap it up in. You can add in a few extra things as well, like cotton balls, a nail filing kit, nail art pens or other useful tools. You can really make this as small or as large as you want!
2. Write down 365 compliments and place them in a muslin bag. The compliments don’t need to be particularly long or complication, but they will give your mom something positive to start her day with for the next year. Instead of just showing your mom you think she’s special, you can tell her with this easy Mother’s Day gift idea.
3. Instead of flowers, you can purchase a plant for your mother that will outlive an ordinary bouquet. Depending on the plant, your gift will live for years with the proper care. A lemon tree, or a flowering bush are great options. You can browse for the perfect plant at a nursery or a local home improvement store. When you’re ready to give the plant to your mom, you can leave the plant potted and wrap the pot in a muslin bag.
All of these ideas are easy and affordable, but still thoughtful. No matter which present idea you want to try for your mom, you can make an even bigger impression by hand decorating your bag. You can check out our Pinterest board for ideas on how to decorate your Mother’s Day Celestial Gift bag. Which one of these do you plan on gifting this year?
Celestial Gifts muslin bags are made from 100% US grown cotton, making them friendly for the environment. Since our bags are made from high quality muslin, Celestial Gifts are reusable. This Earth Day, we encourage you to consider these easy ways you can reduce waste by incorporating Celestial Gifts in place of something disposable.
- Use a muslin bag for produce instead of plastic bags at the grocery store. If you purchase a lot of fresh produce, you probably use a lot of disposable plastic bags. Muslin bags are a breathable, reusable alternative to take with you to the store. Once you bring your produce home, you can put the bags directly in the fridge to make your food last even longer. We wrote an entire blog post about how Celestial Gifts can improve the shelf life of your fresh product. Check it out here.
- You can pop popcorn in a muslin bag. Not only is this good for the environment, it’s better for your health and your wallet. Buying unpopped kernels in bulk is much more affordable than individually wrapped packs. And with unpopped kernels, you can customize the toppings and cut down drastically on excess sodium and other unhealthy additions. To use a Celestial Gift bag to make popcorn, be sure to leave enough room in a large bag and do not overfill it with kernels. You can use about a quarter of a cup and microwave it for two minutes. Listen while the popcorn is in the microwave, and just like with packaged popcorn, you can take the bag out once the popping slows down. We recommend using this size muslin bag.
- Use Celestial Gifts instead of plastic zip-up bags. Our bags come in a variety of sizes, making them perfect to use instead of plastic zip up bags. For dry foods like chips, pretzels, and even raw vegetables, use a muslin bag instead of plastic. You can still conveniently place them in a lunch bag, pantry or fridge. You can wash your Celestial Gift bags as well, so buying a few sets in several sizes would last you a fairly long time.
Earth Day is about celebrating different ways we can be kinder to the planet we live on. These three tips are easy to incorporate in your day to day life, and could drastically reduce the amount of plastic consumed. If you’re interested in learning more ways to make eco-friendly choices, head over to our Pinterest board dedicated to green living. Do you have any other ideas for how you can use Celestial Gifts to replace traditional disposable goods?
With spring in full swing, allergy season is coming on strong. Throughout the US, trees are starting to bloom, and flowers are growing. The beauty of the season is much appreciated, but itchy eyes and runny noses are not quite so enjoyable. This year, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite DIY allergy remedies to beat allergy season.
- If you have a tub, try taking a bath. The steam from a bath or shower will naturally help clear up any congestion, but by adding a few things to your bath, you can take that effect even further. Instead of opting for something like a menthol rub, you can achieve the same results by adding eucalyptus and peppermint to your bath. You can also try using frankincense, a natural anti-inflammatory ingredient. You can either drop the oil directly in the tub, or you can make your own salt blend. This is a great opportunity to try using one of our plastic Celestial Gifts bags to store your finished salts.
- Custom tea blends can incorporate herbs and flavors that will alleviate different aspects of allergy symptoms. For a blend that will make you sleepy and provide some comfort, use a chamomile base and add lavender buds. Lavender teas are becoming more popular for not only their unique flavor, but the many perks lavender aromatherapy provides. Once you’ve combined all the ingredients together, you can place a small portion in a Celestial Gift bag for steeping. Once your brew has reached your desired temperature, you can add honey or freshly squeezed lemon juice to your mug to help soothe sore throats.
- Make your own wax melts with the right ingredients for DIY allergy relief. If you have experience making DIY wax melts, this will be right up your alley. All you’ll need is a wax of your choice (we recommend soy melts for the best scent throw), a cute silicone mold, and some essential oils. Once you’ve melted down the wax, add some drops of oil into the mixture. You can use a blend of peppermint and lavender for a light, yet potent scent that will make breathing a little bit easier. Pour the hot wax into a silicone mold, and leave it to cool. Once cooled, store your wax melts in a Celestial Gift bag until you’re ready to use one.
DIY allergy remedies are a natural, effective way to alleviate unpleasant symptoms during pollen season. If you tend to experience congestion or sore throat this time of year, we encourage you to try one of these DIY allergy remedies.
This article is strictly the opinion of Celestial Gifts and should not be taken as medical advice from a licensed professional. For serious medical concerns, contact a healthcare provider.
Wedding season is swiftly approaching. Many of our customers purchase Celestial Gifts to use in their weddings. Whether you are a wedding planner, or you’re a bride mapping out all the details to your wedding, one of the most important things to consider is wedding favors. Wedding favors allow you to thank your guests for attending your wedding. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite wedding favor ideas that are on trend in 2019. This year, Etsy is predicting that functional wedding favors will be popular amongst brides and guests.
- Create your own custom tea blend. You can stamp the date of your wedding on the bag, or you can write out the ingredients. The possibilities are endless. There are websites you can use to create your own blend, or you can purchase herbs and spices in bulk and have fun DIYing it! More of a coffee drinker? You can put whole or ground beans in a muslin bag as a favor as well.
- Wildflower seeds are easy to plant and make for a unique wedding favor. You can purchase large sacks of wildflower seed from a home improvement or gardening store. All you’ll need to do is divide the seed in a muslin bag and include a printed card with instructions on how to scatter the seed. Guests can plant the seeds and have memories that last months after the wedding.
- A beauty product can be custom packaged for a thoughtful, useful favor. You could opt for a lip balm, soap, or even a bath product. You could try your hand at making these yourself, or you could place an order with a wholesaler.
- Bundle together a mini olive oil and balsamic for a classy take home treat. Miniature bottles of these products can be purchased in large quantities for a surprisingly low cost. By putting them in a Celestial Gifts bag, your guests can keep them together easily so they don’t get separated.
We hope you found this round up of wedding favor ideas to be helpful. No matter what favor you decide to go with, you can add an extra personal touch with our custom stamping option. We can stamp the wedding date, a print, names or anything else you can dream of. With a functional wedding favor, guests are sure to remember your special day with fond memories and a useful gift.
If you’re planning to use muslin bags at your wedding, stock up on Celestial Gifts now! Through the end of March, customers will receive 10% off their purchase using the coupon code spring2019. There’s only a few days left to take advantage of this deal. Shop for Celestial Gifts now.
Easter is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start brainstorming ideas for what to put in your child’s basket. From year to year, it can be difficult to think outside the box with fresh ideas. Our list of Easter basket ideas have a blend of traditional items and unique gifts that your family will love. Another way you can mix things up and keep the holiday exciting is by using a creative alternative to a traditional basket, like a Celestial Gift bag. Our bags come in a variety of sizes so you can pick something that’s perfect for your family. You can even encourage your child to reuse the bag for something else after the holiday. For a fun project, you could even dye the bags just like you would an Easter egg. Here are some of our favorite ideas for what to include in your child’s Easter bag this year.
- Small books. No matter the age of your child, a book is a great thing to include.
- Limited edition candies. Easter candies are a cherished tradition for many families. While this idea may not be particularly creative, it is a classic and should always be included in Easter goodies.
- Puzzles are a fun activity you can do together with your child. There are lots that come out with spring themes. You can go as advanced or as basic as you want!
- New clothes. Clothing can be folded nice and small to fit in your Celestial bag. This idea is perfect if you have some teenagers that still get presents on Easter along with their younger siblings.
- Spring-themed baking mix. Pick up a box of your child’s favorite baking mix. You can cook together on Easter, or you can save the mix for later. If your store doesn’t have anything spring-themed, pick up some food coloring and get creative by dying your baked goods.
- Crafting supplies. Put an egg dying kit in your child’s bag and get to work expressing your creativity. Tired of doing the same old craft? You can spend the morning or afternoon doing a different spring-related project.
This Easter, surprise your family with some of these Easter basket ideas. And to really break the mold, use a Celestial Gift bag instead of an Easter basket. You can decorate the bags and save them and use them year after year. What are some of your favorite Easter traditions?
St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect holiday to break out the slow cooker. Using a slow cooker is one of the easiest, most convenient ways to prepare a flavorful stew or cut of meat for St. Patrick’s Day dinner. Instead of spending the day over the stove, you can partake in festivities knowing dinner is cooking and taken care of. Celestial Gift bags can help you save even more time on slow cooker recipes. You can bundle herbs and spices in a muslin bag and cut down on prep time. Here are a few ideas for how you can use your slow cooker this St. Patrick’s Day.
- Nothing is more classic than corned beef and cabbage. This traditional Irish dish couldn’t be easier when you use a slow cooker. One of the key ingredients in corned beef, whole peppercorns, can be difficult to fish out when you’re serving your guests. You don’t want someone to accidentally bite down into a spicy peppercorn! You can achieve the same flavor by measuring out peppercorns and placing them in a Celestial Gift bag before adding to your slow cooker.
- Irish stews are also a popular choice for St. Paddy’s Day. Typically, Irish stews are packed with beef, potatoes and peas in a thick gravy. This slow cooker idea is easy to put together and extremely flavorful. For an extra-flavorful gravy, place several bay leaves in a cotton bag so the flavor infuses with your stew.
- Dublin coddle is a well-loved Irish dish that’s made easy with a slow cooker. This slow cooker idea is perfect if you are looking to stay away from beef. Dublin or Irish coddle is typically made with sausages and root vegetables. Sprigs of thyme and bay leaves are an essential part of this dish. Stuffing a Celestial bag with those two magic ingredients will give you a hearty, savory meal that’s sure to please.
- Appetizers are always a hit. If you’re hosting a party but don’t want to prepare a full-blown meal, make an appetizer in the crock pot. Meatballs with potato bites is a great option that’s still appropriate for the holiday. Or, if you don’t mind offering something less traditional, heat up a melty cheese dip.
No matter what slow cooker idea you decide to try this year, always remember to use a Celestial Gift bag that does not have a colored string. Our Pinterest page has a board dedicated to slow cooker recipes. Have you seen it yet? You’ll find recipes for all of these ideas and more!
Working on crafts with your kids can be fun and entertaining for both of you. Our cotton muslin bags serve as a perfect baseline for a variety of different crafts. Whether you’re a novice crafter, or you’ve been DIY-ing for years, we’ve come up with a few ideas for kid-friendly crafts that we think you’ll love.
- Decorate Celestial Gift bags and organize game pieces. If your family loves board games, you’ve probably lost a few pieces here and there. Celestial Gifts make it easy to keep track of dice, place markers, cards and a variety of other game pieces. You can label each bag to make it easy every time you clean up and set up your games. As a bonus, this idea works really well with Legos!
- Break out some markers and create your own gift bags. Placing a large order of Celestial bags gives you plenty of opportunities to decorate gift bags so you’re ready for any occasion. You can make some for birthdays, holidays, or just because! The next time your child needs to give a gift to a friend or loved one, they will have lots of options to choose from.
- Freshen clothing drawers with dried herb sachets. Muslin bags are a breathable fabric that work wonderfully for scent sachets. This natural craft is an easy way to make clothes smell fresh for longer. You can use a variety of different herbs, but we love dried citrus peels, lavender, and dried rosemary. Add a few drops of essential oils for even more fragrance! If you want to decorate the outside of the bag, you could try hand-stamping drawings of the different herbs inside the sachets.
- Make you own hand warmers. DIY hand warmers are typically made out of old socks. But you could just as easily fill a muslin bag with rice and make a hand warmer that way. You can decorate the outside with funky patterns or prints. Just make sure you stay away from glitter and glues that may not hold up well to microwaving!
You can use Celestial Gifts in all of these crafts. Celestial Gifts muslin bags are 100% biodegradable, and made from U.S. grown cotton. You can count on Celestial Gifts for a quality, eco-friendly product that will inspire you and your family. Which one of these kid-friendly crafts caught your eye the most?
The New Year is here, which means it’s time to keep an eye on 2019 Etsy trends! As an Etsy shop owner, it’s important to look at trends and determine which ones you can seamlessly incorporate into your shop. While many pieces on Etsy are timeless, finding little ways to freshen your product can often make a huge difference in sales. This year, the top trend on Etsy as stated by their trend expert, is “Being Real.” At Celestial Gifts, we are completely on board with this trend prediction. Here are some of the top reasons you should use Celestial Gifts as packaging to stay relevant with 2019 Etsy trends.
- All-natural products have been trending for a while, and we don’t see any signs of that stopping soon. Since 2019 is officially declared as the year of Being Real, products with recognizable ingredients will continue to grow in popularity. This is great news for shop owners who specialize in making natural beauty products. Use Celestial Gifts for packaging as natural and effortless as your products.
- Even though “maximalism” is on the rise, grounding a louder piece with earthy colors will stand out in a good way. The number one predicted color for 2019 is burnt orange. Even though bolder pieces are expected to trend, shoppers are still craving more natural colors. Our bags stain beautifully, and you could easily incorporate this color trend to impress your customers.
- Shoppers will continue to be more aware and drawn to sustainability. Celestial Gifts bags are made from 100% U.S. grown cotton, and are biodegradable. When you use a muslin bag as packaging, you’re giving your customer something they can reuse. You shouldn’t have to compromise stylish packaging for sustainability. With Celestial Gifts, you give your shoppers a trendy, but still eco-friendly wrapped product. When you’re writing up your product description, be sure to mention your packaging is sustainable and made in the USA!
These are some of the best ways you can use Celestial Gifts to stay on trend with your online shop in 2019. Product packaging can really help leave a lasting impression on your customers, especially when you’re keeping up with leading trends. Do you think Being Real is a trend you can incorporate in your Etsy shop?